Ten Signs You’re Ready to Start Your Own Business
Filed under: Financial Fitness
Many people include their financial lives in their New Year’s resolutions. Others set more personal goals, such as making their hobbies a priority or spending more time with family. But a lucky few have discovered a single, life-changing way to meet their financial objectives while also making time for their personal resolutions: Starting their own business. If you have ever considered becoming your own boss, these ten signs indicate that you’re ready.
1. You’re passionate. You want to do something that makes a difference in the world, and you’re willing to do whatever it takes to turn your dream into a reality.
2. You tend to be independent. You tend to tackle problems on your own, rather than always turning to others for help. You can work without oversight and manage your own time well.
3. You feel like you can “do it right”. Do you ever have an overwhelming sense that you could improve upon the way things are usually done at work? That if only you were in charge, you could fix this big mess and things would run more smoothly? You’re probably a naturally innovative leader.
4. You feel stuck at your current job. If your current career path seems like a dead end, it might be time to take a detour.
5. You’re sick of commuting. Who wants to spend hundreds per month on gas, and hours per day in traffic? Starting a home-based business will help you find more time in the day to do what you really love.
6. You feel smothered at the office. The dress code, the small talk, the rules and those horrible staff meetings… Who wouldn’t feel smothered by all of that? When you work from home as your own boss, you can wear comfortable clothes, enjoy music throughout the day, and only attend meetings if you call one!
7. You need a more flexible schedule. Maybe you’re a night owl, but your boss wants you in the office at 8am. Why not work when you’re more productive? Why not take a two-hour lunch or carve out more time for your family?
8. You need a challenge. Often we hate our jobs simply because they’re boring, and that can lead to depression. If you’re the type of person who is happiest when you’re challenged, then starting your own business could be the best way to change your life.
9. Your work ethic is impeccable. When you care about something, and really want it to succeed, you’re willing to put in 12-hour days to make it happen. (On the flip side of this, you might find yourself watching the clock by 10 am at a job you hate!)
10. It has become necessary. Maybe your current field is short on jobs, the pay isn’t worth the commute, or you need a second income to make ends meet. They say that “necessity is the mother of invention” for a reason! If you need to bolster your finances, starting a home-based business might be the answer.
If you can identify with these “signs” but you don’t really know how or where to start, give us a call! We can help you get a successful business model up and rolling in just a matter of a few days.