Reported Health Effects of Smart Meters
Filed under: EMF Energy
In many communities worldwide, smart meters have been installed on homes to track electric use. Shortly afterward, consumers report bothersome health symptoms… often without even knowing of the meter change! These negative health effects share certain similarities, and include the following symptoms:
- Heart palpitations or arrhythmia
- Decreased immunity (getting sick more often)
- Decreased cognitive functions
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
Is the widespread appearance of these symptoms, shortly following smart meter installation, just a coincidence? Plenty of research says otherwise, including the following studies and reports:
- 92 residents of Victoria, Australia report health effects after the installation of smart meters: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25478801
- A report by Ed Halteman, PhD, on the health effects of smart meters: https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/emf-survey-on-smart-meters.pdf
- Hundreds of personal accounts regarding symptoms that appeared shortly after smart meter installation: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-meters/smart-meter-health-complaints/
- About 500 complaints filed in the California Public Utilities Commission’s opt-out proceedings: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/cpuc-smart-meter-judge-gets-an-earful-in-santa-rosa/
In addition, local news affiliates all over the country have reported on the issue. When citizens notice something going wrong with their health after smart meter installation, they often try to get the word out via the local news. Oddly, most national networks have ignored the issue.
Dr David Carpenter, a Harvard-trained physician, has released a warning on the dangers of EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) via YouTube. You can watch that video below:
It’s important to note that Dr Carpenter previously served as the head of New York’s Department of Public Health for 18 years, and now directs the Institute for Health and the Environment at Albany State University.
In response to these concerns, some utility companies are attempting to “compromise” by installing a new type of wired smart meter. These meters communicate via signals sent across the electrical grid (copper wires). While these wired meters might sound like a good idea in theory, in practice they simply turn every wire on the grid into an antenna which radiates an electromagnetic field. We’re now hearing reports of health concerns popping up after installation of these smart meters, as well.
If you’re concerned about the possibility of negative health effects, or have already noticed a problem after the installation of a smart meter, what can you do? Contact us about our Smart Meter Defender, to learn how it works to neutralize the effects of EMFs in and around your home. In the meantime, continue to communicate with your utility company and local municipality. As more citizens become aware of the smart meter problem and push back, we stand a better chance of getting these devices removed from our homes entirely.