The Perfect Business for Baby Boomers?
Filed under: Financial Fitness
Every day, about 10,000 Baby Boomers turn 65. That trend will last until about 2029, as the older generation of workers gradually reaches retirement age. That’s an overwhelming number of people retiring and claiming their Social Security benefits at once! Hence the predicted strain on the Social Security system.
On top of that, many retirees are facing problems such as the disappearance of pensions, rising health care expenses, inflation, and inadequate retirement savings. All of these factors come together to create the perfect storm for Baby Boomers: They’re getting ready to retire (or have retired already), and yet they’re financially unprepared to do so.
These days, many retirees find themselves seeking employment. Some take on part-time work at retail stores, some take on consulting work in their old fields, and some simply take whatever work they can find! And that’s no easy task, considering today’s job market. Those who have yet to retire often find themselves delaying their retirements, and working far past the age at which they wanted to quit.
Yet, retiring Baby Boomers have another great option available to them: Starting their own home-based business! Network marketing can provide the ideal employment opportunity for retirees. If you consider all the benefits, it’s easy to see how a home-based network marketing business can be the perfect solution.
- Work on your own schedule, adjusting your work hours for vacations, family obligations, health concerns, and so on.
- Enjoy a second career that is fun, social, and not physically demanding at all
- Work at your own pace, set your own earning goals, and earn the extra income you need in retirement
- Avoid the hassle of a daily commute by doing most of your work from your home computer
- Reduce “overhead” expenses by avoiding gas expenditures, a work wardrobe, and restaurant lunches – unless, of course, you just decide to go out for lunch and celebrate the end of a short work day!
- Be your own boss and put your years of experience to good use
Baby boomers who have reached retirement find home-based businesses to be a great fit for their employment and income needs. And those who have yet to retire, but need to build up their savings, find network marking provides the extra income they need to prepare for retirement. Either way, a home-based network marketing business might just be the perfect fit for you.